Night of Scientists, Burgas 2010 Friday, 24 Sep 2010 - GlobalRegional Historical Museum - Burgas participates in the joint project "Night of Scientists, Bulgaria 2010" together with Medical Institute – Plovdiv, Academy of Music, Dance and Fine Arts - Plovdiv, Varna Free University, University of Shumen "Episkop Konstantin Preslavski" and the Foundation for Science and Research ISTUD Italy.
"Night of Scientists 2010" takes place in 32 European countries and more than 200 European cities, among which Burgas participates for first time. The concept of this event is to meet up with the vast and fascinating world of science as to become a tradition among the ambitious young people.
Co-organizer of the event is Burgas Free University - the most prominent academic institution in the city of Burgas. Other important participants will be the students from High school of Mathematics and Science "Academician N. Obreshkov".
The initiative in Burgas includes the following events:
1. Science Cafe - popular lectures, presentations and discussion with prominent scientists from Burgas
- Presentation of Prof. Andon Lazarov - "Space – View at Earth".
- Dr. Tsonya Drazheva - "The Mystery of Bulgarian Stonehenge - Beglik Tash"
- Assoc. Dr. Milcho Skumov - "History of mining and use of salt".
- Presentation by Dr. D. Momchilov - "Favourite Bath of the Rulers'
- Presentation of the experimental exhibition of Ivan Arabadzhiev "Eyes"
2. Photo exhibition of Evelina Ribarova "Burgas and Genoa in the bosom of the sea"
We invite everyone to participate in the "Night of Scientists, Burgas 2010" at the Library of Burgas Free University on September 24th from 18:00 to 20:00!