In 1936, the pier was built next to the new municipal sea baths. It had steel construction and wooden trimmer joists of the platform. A special stone staircase was connecting the pier with the seaside casino and the park alley. During the 80’s the old wooden pier was replaced by a new massive pier - quay, which nowadays is a favourite place for citizens and guests of Burgas to take a stroll.
Every year on January the 6th, a church service is carried out celebrating the Christian holiday Epiphany. Traditionally, the Bishop would throw the cross into the sea water, for which brave swimmers compete to obtain.