The monument was erected in 1934 in front of the 24th Black Sea infantry headquarters. It is dedicated to soldiers and officers from the Burgas region, who gave their lives for the freedom and independency of Bulgaria during the Serbian-Bulgarian War (1885), the Balkan War (1912-1913) and the First World War (1915-1918). In 1939 the memorial was moved to the city centre at Mara Gidik Street, where it remained hidden to the 90’s. On initiative of war veterans’ organizations, the monument has been saved and restored in front of the garrisons club in Burgas. On the 6th of May 2005 during the celebration of the Bulgarian army day, the soldier’s monument received a new life.