The foundation of the Sea Garden is laid with the first general plan of Burgas in 1891. 72,000 sq.m of land with desolated vineyards were transformed into a beautiful public garden.
The Sea Garden acquired its modern look during 1910. At this time in Burgas, Mr. George Duhtev, who graduated with honours in Gardening in Austria, started work on the design and landscaping of the park.
By 1912 the garden was already fenced. Along the path-ways appeared flower beds and the main areas were planted with cultivated shrubs and park trees.
In 1924 the Sea Garden is fully completed. Afforestation material introduced from Hungary, Istanbul, Italy, France, Syria and Lebanon, contributes for the botanical wealth of the park.
This is the oldest part of the Sea Garden.
Beautiful old buildings, former headquarters of the first European consulates in Burgas: Austrian, British, Greek and Italian, surround the coastal alley. They are built at the end of the 19th and early 20th century in architectural styles typical for the represented country. Along the coastal street towards the port remain some of the oldest houses in Burgas from the 19th – 20th century. Among them, the house of three times city Mayor Nikola Alexandrov stands out with remarkable architecture and decoration. Some of the first shipping companies in Burgas also used this excellent location for their agencies.