On 16.01.2016, Burgas Museum welcomed from print its fifth volume of scientific collectanea. It is released in memory of Tsonya Drazheva - longtime director of the Burgas museum, archaeologist, historian, museum expert and public person. The book contains 343 pages in format A4, with color cover, luxurious black and white illustrations. It is compiled by Milen Nikolov for the publisher Regional Historical Museum Burgas.
A curious historical exhibition will give a start to the celebrations on the occasion of 138 years of the Liberation of Burgas. The history of Burgas region in the 19th c. will be presented by texts and photos.
The exhibition, which was prepared and submitted by Regional Historical Museum of Burgas traces the contribution of Russian aristocratic Lermontov family during the war, the importance of Colonel Lermontov and his daughter Alexandra of Burgas, and their efforts to normalize the life in the city.
The exhibition named "The liberation of Burgas region and the contribution of Lermontov family in connection with the recovery of Burgas" will open on February 3rd / Wednesday / 6.00 PM in the Cultural Center "Casino" and it can be seen until February 11th.
The show pays a special attention to the report of Colonel Lermontov, which tells about the arrival of Russian troops in Burgas on 06.02.1878, and their solemn meeting with the local populations.
Its writer and director is Georgi Raykov and the presenter will be the actor Plamen Karov. The beginning is on February 4th at 6.00 PM in Cultural Center "Casino".
Stoyan Rusev was born on February 2, 1866 in the village of Zabernovo, Malko Tarnovo. In his youth he participated in the struggles of Strandzha region for liberation from Ottoman rule.
He graduated from high school in Sliven and then for fifty-three years has been a teacher in various villages, as well as in Burgas and Sofia. From very young age Stoyan Rusev became interested in folk customs, tales and songs, observed the nestinari rituals, collected folk works from Burgas region and presented them in a rhymed way so well that a large part of his riddles, tales and word games were accepted as folk art. From 1894 to 1897 he published the magazine "Gradinka" where the readers could find riddles and word games. In every issue the author offered a different story by the Brothers Grimm, translated in Bulgarian and of course beautifully illustrated. In 1896 the majority of these stories he published in a separate booklet. In the subsequent years, he started publishing the newspaper "Slaveiche", which was also well known and loved by generations of children. In the same period Stoyan Rusev adopted the pseudonym Dyado Blago, with which he became famous.
On January 24 NP "Strandzha" celebrated its 21st birthday. On this occasion a photo exhibition is arranged in the hall of the Natural History Museum (Burgas, ul. K.Fotinov 30) revealing the beautiful scenery of the park.
The opening of the exhibition will be on January 28 (Thursday) at 14.00.
The exhibition will remain at the museum only for a week, so do not miss the opportunity to see the beauty of our magical mountain caught in photographs.
Grab your phone (or camera, if you’re fancy) and get yourself to a museum on January 20 for #MuseumSelfie Day.
To participate, simply tag your Twitter and Instagram photos with #MuseumSelfie. Below is a small collection of some of our favorites to get you started.
Mr. [url=http://www.burgasmuseums.bg/index.php?tab=hist&lang=en&page=encyc&enc=notable&pgno=2&eid=41]Niko Popov[/url] was born in Burgas on 01.12.1836 in the family of the butler Nicholas and the presbyter Helena. It is interesting that all his brothers and sisters had Greek names, but it was no accident that only he beard the name of their famous predecessor Bimbelov.
Photo: The family of Niko Popov, 1903: first from the left - his son Petar Nikov, his wife and his daughter – Helena and his other son Nicola
On this day - December 22, Christians celebrate the memory of Saint Anastasia and the citizens of Burgas the victory of St. Anastasia Island as attraction №1 in the campaign "Wonders of Bulgaria" organized by Newspaper Standard for the fifth consecutive year.
The Burgas island gathered over one hundred thousand votes online or by SMS.
The prize for the top attraction of Bulgaria was presented by Tsetska Tsacheva to the Deputy Mayor for Culture of Municipality Burgas Mrs. Yordanka Ananieva and prof. Bozhidar Dimitrov, who defended the island on a special ceremony in Sofia.
Three expositions of Burgas Museum: Archaeological (21 Bogoridi St.) Naturalhistory (30 K.Fotinov St.) and Historical (31 Lermontov St.) will be closed to visitors from December 24, 2015 to January 3, 2016 including.
An exception is the Ethnographic exhibition (69 Slavyanska St.), which will be closed to visitors from December 21, 2015 to January 3, 2016 including.