Visiting exhibition of the Regional Historical Museum - Burgas will be opened on 28.02.2017 (Tuesday) in Community Center "Prosveta - 1927", Kameno on the occasion of the Bulgarian Liberation Day - March, 3rd. The exhibition "Liberation of Burgas region and the road of the liberators under the family name Lermontov" can be seen in the town of Kameno until 7 March.
You've heard of the rich merchants from around the world, who lived in Burgas in the late 19th and early 20th century? They were the owners of the beautiful houses in neoclassical style and Secession, which we see today in the central streets of our city. They were under the influence of the modern European centers - Vienna, Paris and London. The Neoclassicism changed not only the facades of buildings in Burgas but also imported pomp and splendor in the interior.
A peek into the houses of the rich a century ago offers the exhibition "Luxury of XIX century" that will open at 18.00 on February 17, 2017 (Friday), at "Al. D. Kodzhakafaliyata" Hall in Cultural Center Sea Casino.
The exhibition is a joint project of the Regional museums in Burgas and Ruse. It includes part of the exposition "Donated and rescued treasures" of Burgas History Museum. Among the exhibits will be valuable examples of European applied art - a large number of watches, workshops, paintings, mirrors, jewelry boxes, sculptures of bronze and porcelain, seized and confiscated by the Regional Customs Directorate - Burgas in two different attempts of cultural heritage trafficking through the territory of Bulgaria.
In 2016, the exhibition "Luxury of XIX century" received Award for the concept of a mobile exhibition in Category "A joint exhibition."
One of the most valuable exhibits from the collection of the Archaeological museum in Burgas - a copper ingot, will be part of an elite exhibition in the Austrian capital Vienna. The exhibition is dedicated to metals and resources in the Bronze Age from the eastern part of the Balkan Peninsula and will be opened in March. It is organized by the Bulgarian National Archaeological Institute with Museum and Museum of Art History Vienna (Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien).
The copper ingot was a pre-coin means of exchange from the Bronze Age /1400-1200 BC/. It was found at the village of Cherkovo, near Rusokastro river. The ingot is shaped as stretched cowhide and is marked with the sign '+' which occurs in both Minoan scripts that scientists mark as linear A and B. The exhibit is of particular interest because there are absolute analogies of it from the islands Cyprus, Crete and elsewhere in the Mediterranean, indicating the European trade routes during the Bronze Age.
This is not the first participation of the copper ingot from the Burgas archaeological museum in big international exhibitions. In 2001-2002 the exhibit was part of the largest exhibition "Troy - Myth and Reality". Back then the value of the exhibit was estimated at 600 000 German Marks and toured three museums in Germany.
The Historical Museum (31 Lermontov St.) will celebrate 139 years of the liberation of Burgas from Ottoman rule with own festive program. The museum will welcome visitors free of charge as well as on 6 February will be presented the catalog of the exhibition "Bulgarian refugees in our memory" </ b>. The event starting at 16.00 h. is in partnership with the Burgas Regional Library and the State Archives in the Icon hall of the museum.
An hour later, at 17.00 h., the guest <b> exhibition "Liberation. War correspondents sent... " will be officially open.