On 01.03.2010 at 16:00 in the Historical exposition (31 Lermontov str.) children from Kindergarten “Zlatnoto klyuche” will present their music and poetry entertainment program dedicated to the National celebrations for March the 3rd.
For the second consecutive year RIM Burgas will be involved in the third national exhibition "Bulgarian archaeology 2009" with findings acquired during archaeological season 2008 - 2009. The opening ceremony will be held on 16.02.2010, 17:00 in the hall for guest exhibitions of NAIM - BAN Sofia.
During 2008 and 2009 specialist archaeologists from RIM Burgas conducted excavations at the prehistoric mound at locality the 10th kilometre (mound Burgas), implemented with financial support of Municipality Burgas. The archaeological complex dates from the end of the 6th millennium BC and the entire 5th millennium BC and is the earliest ever found in the territory of Burgas. The findings provide new and significant information about everyday life and religious practices of the first agricultural-cattleman tribes inhabiting the southern Black Sea coast.
The exhibits will be available to the Bulgarian and international audience in Sofia until May 2010, after which the visitors of RIM Burgas will be able to see them displayed in the halls of the local museum.
In the 19th century, the evolution of the Bulgarian national liberation movement required nearly seven decades. Not even for a moment the Bulgarians from all over the country and abroad have been waiting for their freedom to be bestowed. In the first decades of the 19th century, many Bulgarians are included in Serbian and Greek uprising. [img right]uploads/images/misc/56198161.jpg[/img] The first Bulgarian volunteer units were created during the Russo-Turkish wars in 1806-1812 and 1828-1829. The Bulgarians fought together with the Russian army against their oppressors, prepared the rebellion, created projects of the road systems and worked with all their means for the political liberation of Bulgaria.
An Expression of the striving for a merit participation in the Liberation War of 1877-1878 is given out in the "proclamation" of the last Bulgarian Central Revolutionary Committee: it says “Bulgarians, you should become like one in order to meet our brothers liberators and assist the forces of the Russian army by all it means.”
Initially 7000 Bulgarian volunteers joined the army in Chisinau, and later in Ploiesti, creating a camp of Bulgarian volunteers. The frontline had been filled with members of the revolutionary committees established by Levski, exiles, participants in the April uprising and the rebels under Botev. One of the most talented Russian generals, Gen. N.S. Stoletov was chosen to lead the rebel’s army. In a solemn atmosphere on the 18th of May 1877 the Bulgarians were presented with a flag of honour by P. V. Alabin, a messenger of the city Samara with the words: “From far away, through the whole Russian land, this flag is brought to you as living proof that it is not from any distant corner of Russia, but from the whole wide Russian land." This flag remained in history under the name the Samara Flag.
A great dedication and legendary feat marked the path of the Bulgarian volunteers from Kishinev to San Stefano. Inured in the first battles of Stara Zagora and Kazanlak, they stopped the Turkish invasion at Shipka and thus decide the course of the entire war. The Bulgarian volunteers not only saved their military honour, but also the fate of the entire Bulgarian army in this difficult war period.
From the Region of Burgas among the Bulgarian army fought 84 volunteers. Their names should be inscribed in a memorial on an appropriate place where the citizens of Burgas can pay their respects and gratitude to the liberators of 1877-1878.
“From Mesni till Sirni Zagovezni” 08.02. - 14.02.2010, Location: Ethnographical exposition, everyday from 10:00 am to 17:00 pm.
Screening of the films "From the spring of living water" and "Mummers in the village of Zidarovo".
On 08.02.2010 at 16:00 at the Ethnographical exposition took place presentation of mummer rituals and the film "From the spring of living water" created by a team of teachers and students from the high school "Ivan Vazov" in Pomorie. Participants were also students from the fourth degree of the school P.R.Slaveikov, members of the club "Patriotism" lead by Ivanka Kostadinova. They joined the band of mummers using self created original masks.
On 05.02.2010 in relation with the celebration on the 132-th anniversary of the liberation of the city Aitos from Turkish slavery, Regional Historical Museum Burgas opened the exhibition “Lermontov - liberators and creators” at the Military Club - Aitos. The exhibition will be on display till the 12.02.2010.
On 04.02.2010 a contest-poll for students of the local schools was organized by the Municipality of Burgas and the Regional Historical Museum – Burgas. The contest was dedicated to the Liberation of Burgas - figures, facts, enthusiasm and hope.
The ceremony announcing the results will be held on 02.03.2010 at 16:00 in the Historical exposition.
At the 2nd of February 1971 the International Convention for the protection of wetlands was signed in Ramsar - an Iranian city on the Caspian Sea. Thereafter every year the 2nd of February is celebrated as the International Wetlands Day.[img right]uploads/images/misc/modelDSC_0146.jpg[/img] The list signed by the convention includes ten Bulgarian wetlands, among which Atanasovsko lake, Lake Vaya, Pomorie Lake, vicinity Poda and the River Ropotamo. 2010th is declared International Year of the Biodiversity and the motto under which all events are held is "Biodiversity is the life, biodiversity is our life."
Each year the Regional Historical Museum - Burgas celebrates this day with various events - photo exhibitions, competitions, school workshops and discussions.
The participants were endowed with certificates, books and posters. First prize received students from 3rd grade of “St. Kliment Ohridski” school with their class teacher S. Dobreva and group of the School for Applied Arts "P.R. Slaveykov” with manager V. Andreeva. The ceremony was attended by many students, teachers, parents and journalists.
The exhibition "Donated and rescued treasures" is presented for the first time since the restoration of the cultural treasures from the collections of Regional historical museum Burgas, which were acquired in the period 1996 - 2000. These treasures have high artistic and museum value. Their presence in the Burgas museum today is possible due to the outstanding professionalism in the combat with the illegal traffic of cultural heritage on the territory of Bulgaria. of the staff of the Regional Customs Directorate – Burgas, Boarder custom Malko Turnovo, the Regional Prosecutor's Office and Court in Malko Turnovo, District Prosecutor's Office and Court of Burgas and the Regional Directorate Police – Burgas.
Exposed are some of the most beautiful and representative objects from two collections, which have been illegally transported from Central Europe to Turkey. The collections contain masterpieces from France, southern Germany, northern Italy and the former Austro-Hungarian Empire, and can be associated with the most famous art studios of imperial Europe of the 18th-19th centuries. Their beauty and magnificence compete with collections of the major European museums. Experts in cultural heritage identify their undoubted high value to the collectors.
The confiscated in 1996 "French Collection" includes 13 desk-clocks, set of 32 vases and 11 candlesticks, lampshades, chandeliers, silver trays, silver service for liquor, bracket lamps, and part of the boudoir. Infiltrating into the everyday life, the French applied art brings the finesse and elegance of the French aristocracy that is why their samples have never lasting value and serve as models for generations of art creators.
The second collection captured in 1998 at the Boarder custom Malko Tarnovo, consists of 96 objects of the decorative and fine art - wooden furniture, paintings depicting the European classicism and impressionism.
The third collection of icons and church altar has been detained by the Legal authorities of the District Police Directorate - Burgas in 1995.
The majority of exhibits were brought to the museum in poor condition and therefore the last 4 years has been carried out restoration and conservation works on most of them.
On the glass windows are exposed old photographs of iconic buildings for the city of Burgas built in the late nineteenth century, which are now listed as monuments of culture.
The building repair and the glass stands of the Historical exposition have been funded by the municipality of Burgas.
On November 12th, 2009, at 6:00 PM in the Historical exposition of the RIM Burgas (ul. Lermontov 31) the debut exhibition of Maya Nikolova and Vladimir Palev "In motion" was opened for the public. The exhibition presents sculpture, paintings and art installations.